Blockchain ecosystem developer Enjin has launched the Enjin Platform on the Ethereum Mainnet on the back of a successful ICO that raised $18.9 million in 2017. The company launched a gaming community platform called the Enjin Network in 2009 which boasts over 20 million users.
The ICO allowed Enjin to finance the funding and building of a suite of blockchain products that enable anyone to easily create, manage, trade, store, explore, distribute, and integrate blockchain assets.
This will allow game developers of all experience levels to easily create powerful blockchain assets, manage advanced economic gameplay mechanics, and integrate decentralized inventory into their new and existing apps and games — without any blockchain coding experience.
“With our solutions, we aim to create a more prosperous games market for all, with new forms of social gameplay inspired by life-like economies and mechanics that have never been seen before,” said Maxim Blagov, Enjin CEO. “Our platform is designed to integrate seamlessly into new and existing games alike, providing a competitive edge to studios of all sizes and across all genres.”
Allowing integration of blockchain technology via the world’s most popular programming languages, this launch opens up the powerful proposition of digital asset tokenization to an estimated 26 million developers, including 5.5 million Unity developers via the verified Blockchain SDK for Unity Technologies. By removing the need to learn blockchain coding, this transformative technology is more accessible to developers than ever before.
“For the last 12 years, minting, deploying, and managing blockchain assets has been a challenging process that required specialized knowledge, but this all changes today,” said Enjin CTO Witek Radomski. “We are beyond proud to be able to remove the barriers to blockchain adoption and make this exciting method of value creation available to individuals, developers, and businesses of all experience levels and industries.”
The Enjin platform is a cutting-edge suite of tools and services that natively support the versatile ERC-1155 Ethereum token standard, which developers can use to integrate both fungible and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) in a single smart contract. Created by Radomski and co-authored by several leading Ethereum developers, ERC-1155 gained traction after being adopted as an official token standard by the Ethereum community last year. Designed with efficiency, flexibility, and user-friendliness in mind, it is widely considered a significant advancement to the popular ERC-20 and ERC-721 standards.
To date, more than 2,500 projects adopting ERC-1155 have already been created on the testnet version of the Enjin Platform. This technology also powers Microsoft’s Azure Heroes blockchain-based recognition program, as well as the first-ever blockchain gaming “multiverse,” an interconnected gaming reality with over 40 projects. In the multiverse, players can level-up their items and characters across all participating games and platforms.
The Enjin platform is powered by Enjin Coin (ENJ), a minting resource used to back the value of blockchain assets. By minting assets with the platform, developers lock ENJ into them, which acts as a certificate of authenticity and guarantee of value. Minting activity has been prolific in the early access phase, with over 11 million ENJ locked into 50 million ERC-1155 assets, resulting in over 1% of the total ENJ supply being removed from circulation.
The Enjin team has confirmed its development roadmap for Q2 2020 will include the public release of the Blockchain SDK for Godot, the world’s leading open-source game engine: EnjinCraft, a Minecraft plugin that will allow server owners to integrate full-fledged blockchain economies; and Enjin Beam, a new product enabling simple distribution of blockchain assets via QR code.
Enjin’s unique suite of development tools is designed to create new revenue streams, new marketing and funding mechanisms, and allow studios to meet high-level KPIs for monetization, valuation, virality, recruitment, and retention. Game developers seeking a competitive advantage can access the Enjin Platform right now at enjin.io.
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience – February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 – February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales – February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform – February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 – February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 – February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham – February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme – February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds – February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million – February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain – February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency – February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token – February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 – February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution – January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted – January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains – January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent – January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert – January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) – January 29, 2020
View All Articles